Factors To Consider In A Bike Hoist And Bike Rack
Purchasing a bike hoist may be a complicated process, especially if you are not familiar with these contraptions. If you are going to purchase a bike hoist, you should first know all the options available to you and their functions before making your final decision. Hoists are used on bikes to enable them to be stored in a certain location without harming the bicycle. These devices are designed so that they can lift the bicycle without causing any damage. To ensure you get the best one, here are some important tips:
- Select a bike hoist that has a lot of safety features for the rider. One of the main functions of these devices is to lift heavy bikes without causing any injury or damage. Make sure that they have safety sensors and a locking mechanism prevents accidental release of the hoist cables. This will ensure that no one gets injured during storage.
- The bike hoist must have sturdy engineering - allows you to lift heavy products, up to a certain limit. It is important that it has steel fittings and durable aluminum or galvanized steel tubes. They must also be equipped with safety locks and be able to withstand constant tension. It is also important that it has a durable nylon handle which will prevent you from dropping it from stress when you are trying to lift it.
- You should also consider how the bike hoist will be mounted to the floor. This is the most basic but important safety consideration. Consider factors like if it is fixed to the ground or to some kind of wall or post. Remember that improperly mounting it can cause serious injury if you were to fall from the device. Also check if there are steps leading to and from it. This is important because there are cases where people have fallen from bike hoists while accessing the top of it.
- The bike hoist quality should also have a heavy duty construction and features a sturdy engineering design. This will allow it to lift different kinds of products. This is especially useful for heavy goods like cars or appliances. A robust engineering design will prevent you from experiencing accidents especially if it was not properly constructed.
- The bike hoist quality must have a safe locking mechanism in place. The locking mechanism prevents accidental release of the hoist cables if the storage area is not secured. You cannot expect the cable to just run on its own so you have to be extra careful. This is especially true when you are storing large items like cars or appliances. There are also certain locks that you should look out for especially if it uses an engine for lifting purposes.
- A motorized model is the safest as this feature allows you to lift heavy products, up to a certain height. There are models that can easily attach to the ceiling or wall. It is also important to know that it can easily lift up your bicycles as well as other items up to twelve feet high. The motorized model comes with a remote control unit. This enables you to control the lifting operation from anywhere in the house.
With all these considerations in mind, the best bicycle hoist is made of a sturdy material and features a safe locking mechanism. Remember to carefully pack all your stuff before you make the purchase. There are different types and sizes of ceiling bike racks and you have to pick one that will fit your needs and the size of your bicycle.